50 QUIZ QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Posted: Monday 1st March
It's not been easy to keep ourselves occupied at night and on the weekends as we soldier-on through lockdown without any real idea of when we might be able to meet our friends again.
Reading books, listening to our favourite music and completing Netflix has certainly helped us to avoid the sheer boredom. That and the daily strolls.
Lockdown has also seen a surge in online quizzes and it's been a great way to keep in touch with friends, family and work colleagues. Our team here have enjoyed a couple of late so we thought we'd share our latest one.
All of the answers can be found at the end. Good luck!
AROUND THE WORLD
- Which continent is the largest?
- Which of the Seven Wonders is located in Egypt?
- What is the thin, long country that spans more than half of the western coast of South America?
- Which American state is the largest by area?
- What is the capital of New Zealand?
- Which desert is the largest in the world?
- What is the world’s longest river?
- There are three countries in the world that begin with the letter R. Name them all?
- What can be found at Agra in India?
- How many lines are there on the London Underground?
TOYS & GAMES
- Which game involves taking wooden blocks from a tower and placing them on top without making the tower fall?
- Name the toys that were Robots in Disguise?
- In the game Buckaroo, which is the only playing piece to have a hole drilled in it?
- How many columns are there in a 'Connect Four' grid?
- Which London toy shop is the oldest and largest in the world?
- What was the name of Nintendo's first handheld game console?
- Who is Buzz Lightyear’s evil arch nemesis?
- In the game of Monopoly, how much does each player pay you if it's your birthday?
- How many rooms are there in 'Cluedo'?
- What colour is Sonic The Hedgehog?
- What items of confectionery, now called "Starburst", were "made to make your mouth water"?
- Which beer's advert included the word: 'Wasssuuuup!'
- Which company's famous TV adverts feature Russian meerkat Aleksandr Orlov?
- Which animal played the drums to Phil Collins' In The Air Tonight on an advert for Cadbury's chocolate?
- Which fizzy drink advert features the slogan, 'What's the worst that could happen?'
- Which cartoon animal had the catchphrase, "They're grrreeeeat!"
- French father and daughter 'Papa' and 'Nicole' appeared in the advert for which make and model of car?
- Which product's advert features a cute Labrador Retriever puppy?
- Which popular brand's long-running series of TV adverts featured Lynda Bellingham and a family?
- Which product's famous 1973 advert featured a young boy pushing a bike loaded with bread up a cobbled hill?
PIECE OF CAKE
- Which fruit makes the rich filling in a Black Forest gateau?
- The name of which coffee-flavoured cake means "pick me up" in English?
- What is the French word for a cake shop?
- Who, according to the TV commercial, makes exceedingly good cakes?
- Which fruit is the main ingredient of a traditional 'tarte tatin'?
- Pink and yellow sponge, jam and marzipan come together to make what cake?
- What is the main ingredient in meringue?
- What is the name of the French dessert that literally means "Crunch in the mouth?"
- What kind of icing is typically used to assemble gingerbread houses?
- Which British duo recorded the song “Sweet Like Chocolate”, which topped the UK singles chart in 1999?
- Four of the five sprinters with the fastest recorded 100 meters times in history come from what country?
- Which music artist is known as The Boss?
- What is the name of the fictional fast food restaurant in SpongeBob SquarePants?
- If someone is arrested for ABH, what have they committed?
- Who plays the quirky teacher Jess around whom the TV show New Girl revolves?
- The construction of which iconic Californian structure began January 1933?
- Henry E. Steinway was a German-American businessman who founded a company famed for producing which type of musical instrument?
- “Adidas crowns shreds” is an anagram for which 1990 Johnny Depp film?
- Which British comedy featuring the Goodman family centres around their weekly Shabbat meal?
- What does the ‘A’ stand for in the acronym DNA?
- AROUND THE WORLD
- The Pyramids of Giza
- The Sahara Desert
- The Nile
- Romania, Russia and Rwanda
- The Taj Mahal
- TOYS & GAMES
- Cowboy Hat
- TV ADVERTS
- Opal Fruits
- Compare the Market
- A Gorilla
- Dr Pepper
- Tony the Tiger
- Renault Clio
- PIECE OF CAKE
- Mr Kipling
- Royal Icing
- Shanks & Bigfoot
- GENERAL KNOWLEDGE
- Bruce Springsteen
- The Krusty Krab
- Actual Bodily Harm
- Zooey Deschanel
- Golden Gate Bridge
- Edward Scissorhands
- Friday Night Dinner
- Acid (Deoxyribonucleic Acid)